Warehouseman (for warehouse)
Centre-du-Québec | Mauricie | Northern Quebec
Rotary, Permanent, Full time
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for issuing, receiving and unloading material in the warehouse located on the mine site. Identifies and places materials in the warehouse in an orderly fashion to ensure accessibility. He handles material handling within the warehouse, as well as deliveries to other mine facilities. Follows up on orders for supplies required for mine operations.
- Coordinate warehouse activities and control access;
- Manage inventories, incoming and outgoing materials and parts required for daily operations in the various areas of the mine;
- Receive and sort parts and supplies;
- Operate the mobile equipment required to perform the task (forklift and pallet truck);
- Maintain an up-to-date physical inventory of parts on hand;
- Prepare reservations for planned jobs;
- Deliver parts to the various areas of the mine, on the required dates, for the execution of the work;
- Store parts in an orderly fashion for easy access;
- Keep up-to-date records of orders, the number and type of parts or supplies available, and where they are stored, using a manual or computerized system;
- Manage the returns process, including verifying returned items, processing refunds or exchanges, and updating inventory records accordingly;
- Prepare orders to replenish parts and supplies reserves;
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning and reporting safety issues;
- Work closely with other company departments, such as operations, purchasing and accounting, to ensure efficient inventory management and smooth communication;
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- DES or AENS or DEP in a field relevant to this position;
- Parts Attendant Certificate of Qualification, an asset;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in this field, preferably in the mining sector;
- Forklift training an asset;
- Knowledge of WHMIS;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work on 14/14 FIFO rotating shifts.
- Organizational skills and thoroughness;
- Customer service oriented;
- Good knowledge of inventory management software;
- Concern for health and safety in the workplace; and
- Autonomy and initiative.