Centre-du-Québec | Mauricie | Northern Quebec
Permanent, Full time
Within the general services department of the mine’s general management, reporting to the supervisor, the plumber carries out installation, repair, maintenance, replacement, modification and verification work on plumbing systems, equipment, appliances and accessories.
Specifically, it should :
- Ensure the proper operation, maintenance and repair of piping and ducting systems, such as water, steam, heating, drainage systems, etc.
- Adjust, recondition, install, repair, maintain and replace various plumbing fixtures, equipment and accessories for toilets, fountains, floor drains, etc.
- Clear clogged drains and, when required, measure, cut, assemble and install ducts.
- Check and modify piping systems, devices, equipment and components. Checks equipment operating conditions, performs pressure tests, validates fluid levels, and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and help improve the preventive maintenance program;
- Document work orders using existing software;
- Order parts and check inventory;
- Comply with warehouse policies, procedures, standards and regulations;
- Be available, on occasion, to carry out emergency repairs;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in Plumbing and Heating
- Certificate of qualification in plumbing
- Certificate in gas piping installation (ITG) or certificate in gas appliance technology class 1 (TAG-1)
- Experience in heavy industry ;
- Health and safety ;
- Versatility, meticulousness and rigor;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is an asset;
- Driver’s license class 5 ;
- Ability to work 12 -hour rotating shifts 14/14 FIFO.