General Services Supervisor
Under the authority of the Superintendent of General Services and Fixed Maintenance, the General Services Supervisor Coordinates and supervises general services operations for the entire mine site. It must ensure that the facilities, equipment and services required to support mining activities are in place and operating safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate rigorous health and safety enforcement while being an active ambassador to promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace;
- Ensure that all operations are conducted with respect for the environment and ethical standards, ensuring that company policies and practices are aligned with these values;
- Foster an inclusive work environment by valuing multiculturalism and diversity while ensuring that all employees are treated fairly, without discrimination or prejudice;
- Monitor maintenance and upkeep of installations;
- Supervise a work team comprising several shifts and external resources assigned to the department;
- Collaborate with departmental teams to ensure regulatory compliance and the implementation of health and safety policies for general services activities;
- Develop improvement plans for operational efficiency and cost reduction;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for general service activities, ensuring that they comply with mining industry regulations and standards;
- Participate actively in various meetings (safety, management, planning, coordination, etc.) and make a positive contribution.
FIFO schedule 14/14
- DEP in general building maintenance or any other training combined with relevant experience will be evaluated;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in general services management in the mining industry or a similar sector;
- In-depth knowledge of the upkeep and maintenance of general service equipment, machinery and facilities;
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to synthesize, take initiative and manage priorities;
- In-depth knowledge of occupational health and safety standards and environmental regulations;
- Good computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts on a FIFO schedule 14/14;
- Bilingual French and English, spoken and written.