Within the mine’s general management, under the authority of the Environmental and Stakeholder Relations Manager, the Environmental Coordinator collaborates in the development, implementation and management of corporate programs. It ensures compliance and improvement of environmental performance. She is a resource person for all teams in the mine. She is a referent for external stakeholders.
More primarily the person will:
- Coordinate and supervise the work of environmental technicians and external consultants;
- Identify, evaluate and control environmental risks in collaboration with the department head;
- Collaborate in the design of operational environmental management systems used to construct and operate mining facilities;
- Ensure compliance of operations with environmental laws and regulations;
- Participate in the development and implementation of environmental impact prevention programs for operations;
- Research and adopt the best practices technically and economically available for the protection of the environment and respect for the surrounding communities;
- Ensure that operational environmental risks are identified, eliminated, reduced and managed appropriately;
- Ensure systems are maintained to meet objectives and non-conformances are addressed in a timely manner;
- Prepare eco-permits and ensure the environmental quality of the work.
- College diploma (DEC) or university degree (BAC) in chemistry, biology, environment or engineering in a related field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in environmental impact management in industry, ideally in the mining sector;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in implementing an environmental management system according to the ISO 14001 standard;
- Knowledge of environmental standards, laws and regulations;
- Functional English in a work environment;
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts (14/14 FIFO).
- Experience in the construction phase (an asset);
- Experience in water management (an asset).