Electrician – General Services
Rotary, Permanent, Full time
Within the general services department of the mine, reporting to the supervisor, the electrician installs and repairs wiring, electrical equipment, lighting systems, control devices and related equipment in buildings and facilities on the mine site. In some cases, they may be the only person certified to handle and troubleshoot certain electrical devices.
- Reads and interprets schematics, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine the layout of wiring in various new and existing buildings
- Route cable in conduits and through walls and floors
- Install brackets and brackets mounted on electrical equipment;
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment such as switches, relays and circuit breakers;
- Splice, join and connect wires to equipment and components to establish circuits
- Performs continuity tests to ensure compatibility and safety of circuits after installation, replacement or repair, using appropriate instruments
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems, and remove and replace defective components;
- Connect electrical power to audio and audio-visual communication devices, signaling devices, and heating and air conditioning equipment;
- Performs preventive maintenance programs and maintains maintenance records.
- Professional degree in electricity or electromechanics
- Electrical Certificate (EC) formerly known as License C
- ASP construction
- Experience in heavy industry;
- Concern for health and safety;
- Versatility, meticulousness and thoroughness;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, an asset;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts of 14/14 FIFO type.