Within the general services department of the mine, reporting to the supervisor, the carpenter constructs, installs, maintains and repairs structural works in wood, light steel or other materials. He/she maintains the premises by performing exterior and interior construction and finishing work.
- Perform general maintenance work such as repairing or refurbishing buildings, sanitary installations and simple mechanical installations; such as repairing suspended ceilings, repairing all types of fences, installing and repairing floors, maintaining and removing snow from roofs, maintaining walls and curtains;
- Repair, adjust and install doors and windows;
- Occasionally coordinate work performed by less experienced or unskilled workers;
- Document work orders using the existing software;
- Order necessary parts and control inventory;
- Respect the policies, procedures, standards and regulations in force in the warehouse;
- Be available, on occasion, to perform emergency repairs;
- Perform all other related duties.
- Diploma of vocational studies in one of the building specialties appropriate to the job class or have a certificate recognized by the competent authority, i.e. carpentry, installation of interior systems, cabinet making or furniture finishing
- Have one of the following cards:
- Journeyman carpentry card
- Journeyman card in interior systems installation
- Parquet installer – sandblaster
- Concrete formworker
- Have five (5) years of relevant experience.
- ASP construction
- Experience in heavy industry;
- Concern for health and safety;
- Versatility, meticulousness and thoroughness;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, an asset;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts of 14/14 FIFO type.