Permanent, Full time
Within the general services department of the mine, reporting to the supervisor, the carpenter constructs, installs, maintains and repairs structural works in wood, light steel or other materials. He/she maintains the premises by performing exterior and interior construction and finishing work.
- Perform general maintenance work such as repairing or refurbishing buildings, sanitary installations and simple mechanical installations; such as repairing suspended ceilings, repairing all types of fences, installing and repairing floors, maintaining and removing snow from roofs, maintaining walls and curtains;
- Repair, adjust and install doors and windows;
- Occasionally coordinate work performed by less experienced or unskilled workers;
- Document work orders using the existing software;
- Order necessary parts and control inventory;
- Respect the policies, procedures, standards and regulations in force in the warehouse;
- Be available, on occasion, to perform emergency repairs;
- Perform all other related duties.
- Diploma of vocational studies in one of the building specialties appropriate to the job class or have a certificate recognized by the competent authority, i.e. carpentry, installation of interior systems, cabinet making or furniture finishing
- Have one of the following cards:
- Journeyman carpentry card
- Journeyman card in interior systems installation
- Parquet installer – sandblaster
- Concrete formworker
- Have five (5) years of relevant experience.
- ASP construction
- Experience in heavy industry;
- Concern for health and safety;
- Versatility, meticulousness and thoroughness;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, an asset;
- Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts of 14/14 FIFO type.